2022 Water Main Replacement Project IEPA #IL175640
The Stillman Valley Village Board issued a Notice of Intent to Award Contract to Northern Illinois Service Co. at the regularly scheduled Board Meeting on December 13th, 2021, and anticipates issuing the Notice to Proceed in March of 2022. An official start date for this project has not been set but is anticipated to begin in the early Spring of 2022 with substantial completion within 150 calendar days and final completion within 210 calendar days of commencement.
This project is Phase II of a project originally designed in 2016 with Phase I (Grant St.) being completed in 2019. The major components of this project are as follows:
- Replace approx. 3,200 ft of undersized 4” diameter water main which is at or near it’s expected service life with new 6” diameter water main
- Replace all residential service lines within the project’s scope, including new shut-off valves
- Install 11 new main line gate valves
- Install 4 machine tapping sleeves with gate valves
- Replace 4 fire hydrants and add 1 fire hydrant at the intersection of S. Hickory St. and W. Pershing St.
The areas of the Village directly affected by this project are the 200 & 300 blocks of S. Hickory and S. Oak Streets, the 200, 300, & 400 blocks of W. Pershing Street, and the 300 block of W. Lincoln Street. The contractor will attempt to complete this project in a timely fashion with as little disruption to everyday life, though minor inconveniences will be inevitable. Any interruptions to service, driveway access, and temporary road closures will be communicated in advance to residents affected by a joint effort of the contractor and Village personnel.
As the project start approaches, any updates and the official start date will be updated here. Any questions/concerns regarding this project may be directed to the Village of Stillman Valley Public Works Dept. @ (815)494-2088.